Things have been CAH-RAZY around our house over the last few weeks so I haven’t had the time I usually do to blog. Hopefully things will start calming down now that we are getting into the rhythm of school again, but until the calm arrives, here’s a few random items affecting my life right now.
- Big Trouble is still refusing to use the potty. Story of my life. I am convinced he was put here on Earth to test my ingenuity and patience.
- We just got a “Best Of” dvd of the Wiggles. I have never seen Big Trouble sit still longer than while watching this (yes, I count his randomly standing up to dance as sitting still because he will eventually sit back down to watch some more and he’s not trying to escape or get into any shenanigans). Best purchase EVER.
- My older kids are driving me nuts with their picky eating. Pasta is quickly losing its appeal and there’s only so many times I can give the “Brinner” option.
- I am on my 2nd round of antibiotics since school started. First for strep throat and now for what appears to be a sinus infection. Good times.
- My house is taking a lot longer to clean than I originally anticipated. This is partly because I have been sick, but also because I am actually going through everything and donating/trashing/organizing the way I said I would. Who knew that after 8 years of accumulating things that this would take time? Will I ever finish?!
- I have to go for a meeting of just the 3rd grade parents tomorrow night at my kids’ school. Apparently 3rd grade is a very big deal and I need to know about every aspect. FUN!
- My husband agreed to co-chair the “walking school bus” this school year. Basically the kids just meet up on the first Wednesday of each month, at the main square of the neighborhood that the school is located in, and walk safely to school with a group of parents and teachers. They get a stamp on their card each time they participate and they can earn prizes for being active. I get to participate with them on the first walk tomorrow. I am not that excited seeing as though I have to drag along Big Trouble and I have to walk all the way back to where we started once they reach their classes. Yes, I am a terrible example of laziness. But, at least I’ll have help since hubby HAS to be there!
- Today Big Brother told me about the Sunshine State Books program. I haven’t fully learned exactly what is involved, but there are 15 “longer” books that are recommended statewide for 3-5 grade levels and 6-8 grade levels and if you read a few, you get something special at school. If you read all 15 by the time the school year is over, you are a super star. So, this is how I am going to get him to stop rushing through the easy books and just take his time and enjoy a longer book. At least that’s the plan. Right now he is very excited about going with me to the public library tonight to get his first two books because there is a waiting list at the school library and his brilliant Mommy found a way around it. Score.
- The anniversary of my 29th birthday is next week. Since my husband and I share a birthday, my mom is coming on Saturday to celebrate just me and she worked out a special trip for my husband to celebrate just him on Sunday. I think that will be a perfect balance so that we can enjoy sharing our birthday on the actual day, even if it means that I have to acknowledge that I am getting older. I’m still 29 if anyone asks.
- Our tv is in the process of slowly dying. We got a new one when they were on sale for Labor Day (Happy Birthday to us), but we are having issues getting the old one off of the wall mount. What a pain.
Needless to say, we’ve got a lot going on right now. So, please forgive me if my postings are just here and there. I’m still trying to keep up with everyone at night after the kids go to bed and hopefully I will catch up with myself one day too!
Have a great week!