Melissa of the spectacular Motherhood Is An Art tagged me in one of her posts which shares more fun information about her. I love a good game of tag so here are my answers to the same questions!
Five Things I Have a Passion for:
1. Fun music from all genres
2. Helping others, especially children
3. Being a mom
4. Finding good deals (on clothes, food, supplies, adventures, etc.)
Five Things I Would Like To Do Before I Kick the Bucket:
1. Pay off my student loans (or perhaps it would be better if I didn’t because then they would be forgiven and my husband could save
some A LOT of money?)
2. Get an entire night’s worth of sleep in one night instead of over a period of one week.
3. Be the voice of a Disney cartoon character.
4. Renew my wedding vows at the wedding chapel at the Grand Floridian hotel (or a drive-thru in Vegas – either choice will do).
5. Work for a charitable organization and feel like I have made an impact.
Five Things I Say A Lot:
1. Are you kidding me?! (this is usually to the kids, but occasionally to others who make my head hurt)
2. Just zip it PLEASE so I can talk to your dad for 2 seconds! (I never get to have an actual, full conversation with my husband – for an idea of what it is like, check out this post by mamamillerparenting)
3. For the love of God and all that’s holy, please stop saying poop. (this is the new word of choice in our house and it is apparently hilarious until someone else says it back to you and then World War III breaks out)
4. Good thing you are cute. (I say this to my children when they are driving me nuts)
5. Mommy’s fixin’ to lose it, y’all! (when I am close to my breaking point, I get really Southern and it comes out of nowhere)
Five Things I Read Recently:
1. Divergent – I am guilty of reading the latest YA books simply because I like to compare them to the movies that always accompany them.
2. Dry Grass of August – My favorite genre is anything written about the Civil Rights era in the South and I found this while looking for books similar to The Help (it’s really not that much like the Help, but it fits the genre).
3. The Host – I read all of the Twilight books so I figured why not try the next book by Stephanie Meyer? It was pretty good, although a little long; the movie was not.
4. The Casual Vacancy – I read all of the Harry Potter books so thought I would try J.K. Rowling’s first adult book out too. It was just odd. I miss Harry.
5. Entertainment Weekly – This is how I keep up with all of the “entertainment” pop culture that I wish I wasn’t so interested in. It is cheaper than subscribing to People.
Five Favorite Movies:
1. The Goonies – I fell in love with Sean Astin in 1985 and call my oldest son Mikey after his character in this movie. Classic.
2. Singing In The Rain – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gene Kelly and obviously this is his greatest masterpiece (even though the critics think An American In Paris is – they are wrong).
3. Friday – I can’t explain my love for this one at all but I find it hilarious.
4. Gone With The Wind – Hey, I’m Southern. It’s sacrilegious if I don’t include this one.
5. Dodgeball/Anchorman – These two tie because they are more recent comedies that I can watch repeatedly and quote repeatedly and they never get old to me. That doesn’t happen often these days!
Five Places I Would Love to Travel:
1. Ireland – I am of Irish descent (also English, Scottish, German and a tiny part Creek Indian, just for reference) and I have always identified most with this part of my heritage. It’s the one place outside of the US that I could actually see myself living.
2. Hong Kong – I need to visit Hong Kong Disneyland to complete my tour of all of the world’s disney theme parks….not to mention all of the cool historical things there too.
3. Africa – I would love to go on Safari to see all of the animals in their natural habitat.
4. The rainforests of South America (or Hawaii – I’m not picky)
5. Haiti – I focused an extensive paper in law school on the need for more US help in Haiti and with the refugees from Haiti (and this was pre-earthquake Haiti so they need it even more now) and it really made me want to visit the country, especially if I could do something to help.
Five Bloggers I’m Tagging For This Thing:
Can’t wait to read the other answers!