Mike who writes Black Coffee and Bourbon tagged me in a post and so I am responding while the baby behaves. You’re supposed to tag other bloggers to play along, but I don’t really have time for that so if you read this and feel compelled to do it too, please let me know because I would love to read your answers!
Here are the rules:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
Here’s 11 random things about myself!
- My true talent is being able to eat Southern fried foods without gaining weight. It’s my one genetic gift.
- I am one of the rare Southerners who doesn’t like country music.
- My first baby weighed 9 lbs at birth which is 1/10 of what I weighed pre-pregnancy so you can imagine how ridiculous that stat is.
- I had 3 kids in 5 years and have not yet landed in the loony bin.
- My favorite movie genre is comedy and I tend to have a need to quote ridiculous movie lines whenever an opportune moment arises.
- I love anything Irish and wish I lived in a castle there and yodeled like the chick from the Cranberries.
- I still think I am going to win Publisher’s Clearing House one day.
- I just realized that calling my baby’s snacks “treats” makes it sound like I am feeding a dog, but I do it anyway because it’s too late to change the word now.
- I adore Gene Kelly and the musicals of the late 40s and 50s, as well as the beautiful Johnny Depp, whom I have had a crush on since 21 Jumpstreet (which I should not have been watching because I was way too young at the time).
- I call my oldest son Mikey solely because I had a crush on Sean Astin’s character from the Goonies.
- I am very creative in my head but my “projects” never translate because God forgot to give me any artistic ability. It’s sadly ironic and yet humorous at the same time.
Questions Black Coffee and Bourbon tagged me to answer:
- Paper, plastic or recyclable hippie tote? It depends on what is going on in my life. I use paper when the kids want to do art projects, plastic when I need more bags to wrap poopy diapers in and recyclable hippie totes when I am shopping with all the kids by myself and don’t want to have to make 300 trips back out to the car to bring it all in.
- What’s the farthest place you’ve visited from your home? Tokyo, Japan
- What is the most amazing thing you’ve ever eaten? BLT salad made with fried green tomatoes at the Pink House in Savannah. I absolutely HATE anything with red tomatoes (including ketchup, spaghetti sauce, etc.), so the fact that I could even be persuaded to try a tomato of any kind is amazing and that salad was FANTASTIC.
- If you had to take someone one place in your home town, where would you bring them, and why? Clark’s Fish Camp. It has an amazing view of the river and the weirdest menu ever, yet somehow the strange meat offerings seem enticing (I have had rabbit, turtle, frog, buffalo, alligator, and kangaroo – sorry PETA, it all tastes like chicken).
- Where do broken hearts go? back to the open arms of a love that’s waiting there
- Do you squeeze from the bottom or the middle of the tube of toothpaste? middle, even though I know I shouldn’t
- Coke or Pepsi? this question answers itself as no self-respecting Southerner would ever prefer Pepsi
- Android, iPhone, Blackberry or other? Whatever comes free with my 2-year Verizon plan.
- Softscrub or Formula 409? Softscrub
- How many times can you wear a pair of jeans before washing them? I should say one, but with 5 people in my house and the responsibility of getting 4 of those ready each day, I will totally admit that I sometimes wear them twice before washing. I don’t go more than twice though because I need them to shrink in the wash so they fit me again (plus they are most likely soiled with some kind of ickiness associated with children at that point).
- Have you ever made a recipe you watched someone cook on the Food Network? no, because I don’t even know what half of the ingredients they use are.
Questions to anyone who may feel the need to do this in response to my posting 🙂
- What is your favorite movie from childhood?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What was your favorite class during your school years?
- Neat freak or slob?
- What is your favorite Real Housewives series?
- Most annoying children’s show?
- Favorite fried food?
- What was the happiest moment of your life and/or scariest moment of your life?
- Do you eat more candy on Valentine’s Day or Halloween?
- Do you have a lucky number and, if so, is there a reason for it?
- Thrifty or Shopaholic?
Don’t forget to let me know if you respond on your blog! 🙂