Grab a Button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.embracingtheinansity.wordpress.com" title="Embracing the Insanity"><img src="http://embracingtheinsanity.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/button-logo1.jpg" alt="Embracing the Insanity" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- 17,525 hits
Vicki over at Don’t Quit Your Day Job: A Chronicle of Mommy Mishaps (such a cute blog name, right?!) sweetly nominated me for the Liebster award.
Although I have technically been blogging for 2 years now (I had no idea until WordPress let me know a few days ago), I am always excited to hear when other bloggers enjoy reading my mindless ramblings, especially when they can identify with me! As such, I am more than happy to accept her nomination! THANKS again, Vicki!
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
My 11 Random Facts:
- I have a horribly bad diet, but manage to keep a high metabolism. It’s both a blessing and a curse.
- My first child weighed 9 lbs. I was not pleased.
- My two year old is stronger than me.
- I will act like an idiot just to get my kids to laugh.
- I had a bright green car in college. I was well known throughout a very large city because of it.
- I worked from the age of 14 until one month before I had my oldest son; I haven’t had a ‘real’ job in almost 8 years, yet I have never worked harder in my life.
- I have a JD from Florida State (GO NOLES) so you may call me “Dr.” if you would like….I have debated about making my kids call me Dr. but they argue that I can’t save lives so I really don’t deserve that title….they’re probably right, but don’t tell them.
-I don’t like coffee, but I adore a Black and White Mocha from Starbucks because you can’t taste the coffee.
-I love quoting dumb movies. It’s both endearing and annoying to others.
-I would love to be able to write a book.
- I pray for my kids daily.
My Answers to MommyMishaps’ Questions:
1. Do you “feel” your age or do you feel younger or older than your age? I feel MUCH older than my age. I totally blame my kids.
2. What animal best represents your personality? Probably a dog. I know that sounds weird, but let me explain. I am friendly, fun-loving, and extremely loyal but if you mess with my family (especially my kids), I will bite your face off. I also sniff the butt of my toddler.
3. Who is your favorite living person? Johnny Depp. I used to be a lot more emphatic about this because I have loved him since 21 Jump Street, aka before he was popular, but his weirdness of late has made him a little less appealing. However, if he were to show up at my door as his character from Chocolat, I wouldn’t say no. The husband knows this and he is ok with it.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? MY HAIR! It’s not fair to have curly hair in the humid South.
5. Chocolate? Vanilla? Or strawberry? Chocolate
6. What are you wearing right now? My “mom” uniform which consists of jeans, flipflops and tshirt, regardless of season.
7. If you were a product what would your tagline be? don’t be fooled by the tiny package (luckily I am not a man or this wouldn’t be as flattering)
8. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show? Any “Real Housewives” show on Bravo
9. What distant land do you wish you could travel to? I would like to go China and for a very stupid reason: I have been to the original 4 Disneyland/worlds around the globe (Orlando, LA, Paris and Tokyo) but then they built Hong Kong Disneyland so now I can’t say I have been to all of them anymore. I would like to remedy that at some point. I would also love to actually see the sights and culture of China. I’m not quite as “stupidly” American as this endeavor sounds.
10. How long does it take you to get ready to leave the house? 5 minutes because I have given up on looking presentable for my kids’ teachers – I would also like to remedy this in the future.
11. If you could live an entire day as another person, would you? And if yes, who? Yes, President Obama. While I didn’t vote for him, I respect him very much and realize that he has a hard job. I think spending one day in his shoes would expand that respect.
The Blogs I Am Nominating (I realize that you may have already received this award or just don’t have time to respond so don’t feel obligated to re-post, but I still love reading your posts in my “spare” time so if you do, let me know!):
1. Motherhood is An Art
2. Mommy Training Wheels
3. Atlanta Mom Of Three
4. When The Kids Go To Bed
5. Magnolia Blossom
6. Side by Side Design
7. M&A’s World
8. Crazy Wonderfull Life
9. MomTimes 4
10. Game of Diapers
11. Snow Joy
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. What was your favorite tv show growing up?
2. What is your favorite movie quote?
3. Rock, Country, Pop or Rap?
4. Where did you grow up?
5. What was your favorite school subject?
6. Where is the furthest place you have traveled?
7. What channel has the best tv shows?
8. Neat freak or Slob?
9. How long have you been blogging?
10. What moment in life has impacted you the most?
11. Do you blog randomly or do you plan your blogs?
Well, it’s that time of year again; end of the school year and time to purchase the teacher gifts. Last year I did small gifts for all of the teachers and slightly bigger ones for the main teachers. Seeing as though this ended up being for approx. 25 people, it was very stressful and expensive, even though we limited price amounts.
This year, we’re just focusing on the main teachers, both at school and at Sunday School. But even with limiting the number of people we are purchasing things for, it’s been extremely difficult to come up with ideas, especially since the end of the year gifts come right after Teacher Appreciation Week.
I see lots of cheesy things on Pinterest that I could make (and we kind of did for the “SundAE” School teachers – yes, we got them small frozen yogurt giftcards housed in little ice cream cups on top of tissue paper vaguely resembling an ice cream sundae), but I’m kind of burnt out from making things for everyone (I know, I’m pathetic) and I’m kind of sick of the cheesy stuff for some reason. I feel like the teachers might be sick of it too seeing as though some of the popular stuff has been around for many years and chances are, they have already received the gifts we were considering.
My daughter wants to make a pencil vase with “beautiful” flowers in it for her teacher and I think we can pull that off (plus she got a first year teacher who hasn’t had the good fortune to already receive the cheesy gifts yet).
But then, there’s my son, who has a teacher that has been teaching for A LONG TIME and has everything she needs; not to mention his gifted teacher who is a little quirky (aka, not your average teacher).
Does anyone have any reasonably priced go-to gift ideas for teachers? I am at a loss and we only have 2 weeks left before our crazy Summer! Please help! We can pretend this is a blog party if that makes it more exciting!